Monday, September 9, 2013

Writing and Me-TOK2 Blog

          From a young age I've loved writing and it captivated me. I was amazed that you write down special moments and transfer your emotions  and feelings down onto paper. Writing is a way to express your style and ultimately you! It allows people to see your different side that you may not always allow them to see. Although I've read more than I wrote, writing seemed as if it was magical to me. Words have great power, they can either create a conflict or make peace, they can either make you cry or comfort you. Each word has a meaning when put together, speeches, declarations, proposals and intimate moments are created. An American author, Napoleon Hill once said, "Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another." This is exactly why I value words and writing, they hold an invisible power over us. For me, I still believe I have much to improve regarding my writing skills, and in TOK2 where we will write often, this will hopefully help me improve even more. One of my goals in TOK2 is to gain crucial writing skills and strategies and apply them in my academic future and my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment